In this developer code pattern, we will demonstrate how to quickly build an e-learning portal using IBM Watson® Media. Solutions can be scaled with Watson Media, but the scope of this pattern focuses on the following capabilities:
- Creating channels for different areas of learning.
- Creating and uploading videos for a channel.
- Password-restricting access to videos.
- Restricting domains where the video can be embedded.
- Building a web application with authentication to access the channels using the APIs provided by Watson Media.
Education-based startups are increasingly choosing e-learning platforms to deliver education and conduct workshops, and Watson Media provides the required capabilities to build an e-learning platform. In this code pattern, we will demonstrate how to quickly build an e-learning portal using Watson Media. We also showcase how to build an interactive, responsive web application using Watson Media APIs to address the specific needs of an organization. The solution can be scaled to accommodate more functionalities and capabilities through the services, products, solutions, and APIs provided by Watson Media.
- Admin makes request to authorize the app.
- App is authorized by the IBM OAuth2.0 portal.
- Node server receives auth token from Watson Media.
- App requests server for the auth token.
- App uses auth token to create dashboard for user on runtime.
- User logs in and accesses content published on Watson Media.
Ready to get started? Check out the README for detailed instructions on how to:
- Log in using IBM ID on Watson Media.
- Create the channels.
- Upload videos on the channel.
- Create playlists.
- Set up password restriction on the channel.
- Generate channel API credentials.
- Deploy the application.
- Run the application.