Looking for the answers to all your burning Instagram questions?
Whether it’s how to tag products in your Instagram Stories or getting started with Instagram Shopping, you’re in the right place.
In this handy guide, we’re answering our community’s most frequently asked Instagram questions:
Frequently Asked Instagram Questions:
- How Do I Add a Link to My Instagram Bio?
- How Do I Set up Instagram Shopping?
- How Do I Tag Products Within an Instagram Post?
- How Do I Tag Products in Instagram Stories?
- How Can I Shop on Instagram?
- Do Hashtags Work in Instagram Comments?
- Why Can’t I Add Music to My Instagram Stories?
#1: How Do I Add a Link to My Instagram Bio?
Adding a link to your Instagram bio is a great way to drive traffic to your site or blog. Here’s how to do it in a few easy steps:
- Head to your Instagram profile and tap “Edit Profile”
- Tap in the “Website” field
- Enter the link. You can direct your followers to any link you’d like: your website, a specific landing page, a product page, or a shoppable version of your Instagram feed.
TIP: Use Linkin.bio by Later to create a clickable version of your Instagram feed that automatically updates with every new post your share – so you never have to manually update your link in bio again!
#2: How Do I Set up Instagram Shopping?
Setting up Instagram Shopping is a great way for businesses to showcase products and drive online sales.
Follow these 6 steps to set up an Instagram Shop:
- Check Your Eligibility
- Convert to a Business or Creator Account
- Connect to a Facebook Page
- Upload Your Product Catalog
- Account Review
- Turn On Shopping
Need more guidance? Check out our blog post: How to Create an Instagram Shop.
#3: How Do I Tag Products in an Instagram Post?
To tag products on your Instagram feed, you first have to set up Instagram Shopping. Once you’ve set it up, follow these steps:
- Upload a photo or video manually (or via post notification for pre-scheduled posts)
- Tap “Tag Products” to select a product from your Facebook catalog
If you want to tag products on an Instagram post that’s already been scheduled or posted, find the photo on your feed, select edit, and follow step #2 above.
You can tag up to 5 products per image or video post, and up to 20 products on carousel posts.
#4: How Do I Tag Products in Instagram Stories?
Businesses with Instagram Shopping enabled can also tag products directly in their stories.
To do so, follow these simple steps:
- Open Instagram Stories
- Create a story
- Tap the sticker icon in the top right corner
- Select the “Product” sticker
- Select a product from your Facebook catalog and tap “Done.”
Once added, you can adjust the style, color, and text of the product sticker by tapping it.
#5: How Can I Shop on Instagram?
Thanks to several new Instagram e-commerce features, there are many ways to shop on Instagram:
- Instagram Shop tab: You can find the new Instagram Shop tab on Instagram’s main navigation menu. Here, you’ll discover an algorithmically curated selection of products based on your historical interactions. You can also “Browse Shops,” “See Editors Picks,” “Explore Guides,” and “Shop Collections.”
- Instagram Feed: When a business or creator tags a product in their Instagram post, you’ll see a small shopping bag in the top right corner of the post. Tap on the post for product details.
- View Shop: Tap the “View Shop” button on a brand or business’s Instagram profile page to see a catalog of all their products.
- Instagram Stories: Tap a Instagram Stories product sticker to discover product details and find out how to shop.
- Instagram Reels: Several brands and businesses have jumped on board with tagging products in their Instagram Reels. If a product is tagged, tap “View Products” to see more.
Want to learn more about making sales on Instagram? Check out our Ultimate Guide to Social Selling.
#6: Do Hashtags Work in Instagram Comments?
Yes, they do.
According to Instagram, hashtags in the comments section work the same as in the caption.
To reap the benefits of Instagram hashtags without crowding your caption, schedule your first comment on Instagram with Later. With your hashtags scheduled into your first comment, you’re guaranteed to improve your reach as your hashtags get to work as soon as your post is live.
#7: Why Can’t I Add Music to My Instagram Stories?
If you’re unable to add music to your Instagram Stories, it could be due to a few reasons. It may be because you live in a country or region where Instagram has limited music library access, have a Business or Creator account, or need to update the Instagram app.
Find more information on adding music to your Instagram Stories here.
Plan and preview your Instagram feed in advance with Later for free! Sign up and start creating your perfect Instagram aesthetic today: